Ofada Rice and Chicken
A twist of a national classic
- 500 grams OBA chicken
- 2 cups Ofada rice
- 3 large Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Crushed Chili Flakes
- Locust Beans(Iru woro)
- 1 Vegetable Oil & Palm Oil
- 100 grams Pomo
- 100 grams Dried fish
- 2 stock seasoning
- Salt to taste
To Cook Ofada Rice
- Heat up water in a pot until it boils.
- Rinse rice thoroughly with cold running water and add to pot of boiling water.
- Add salt and oil.
- Cook for 35 minutes or until it’s ready.
To Cook Ofada Sauce
- Blend the red bell pepper and onion. Place in a pot and boil for 15 minutes
- Heat up a pot and add palm oil.
- Allow to bleach for 10 minutes. This means leaving it to heat up and smoke until it is almost similar to vegetable oil.
- Add chopped onion, then add the red bell pepper mixture with chili flakes
- Add salt, iru (locust beans), assorted meat and crayfish. Cover and allow to cook till oil floats to the top.
- Add chicken stock, taste and add seasoning cube if necessary. Now you may add the cooked chicken.
- Allow the ingredients to cook for 5 more minutes and simmer. ready to serve